Caritas Ambassadors and GIFT Team
Keep an eye on our website for the ways in which our new ambassadors are going to deliver their mission to live the love of God in action.
What is the role of a Caritas Ambassador?
- To promote and develop social action projects within the school, parish and local community
- By demonstrating “faith in action” they can raise aware of Caritas within the Salford Diocese.
The Seven BIG Themes
- Dignity of the human person
- Family and community
- Solidarity of the common good
- Rights and responsibilities
- Option for the poor and vulnerable
- The dignity of work
The Caritas Team focus on integrating the seven big themes into the School and Community life of St Patrick’s parish.
Caritas Team Autumn Action Plan
Caritas Team Spring Action Plan
St Patrick’s GIFT Team 2018/19
This role is to serve as a member of a GIFT Chaplaincy Team to support the Catholic Life of the School. Pupils will be entrusted with the responsibility of:
- Giving joyful witness of Christ in their school – missionary disciples.
- Providing support in the delivery of the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of all pupils across the curriculum.
- Assisting with the Sacramental programme.
- Peer pastoral care – building on the good practice in your school.
- Assisting with the delivery and development of the prayer life of the school supporting assemblies, worship, class prayer times and prayer groups.
- Assisting with developing and leading retreat experiences for pupils.
- Developing and leading social justice activities in your school.
- Developing the use of the chapel/prayer room/sacred spaces or areas.
- Being present on parents and opening evenings to help with the welcome of all the community.
- Developing outreach work and supporting local, national and international charities – Caritas Diocese of Salford, Cafod: working for change – being the change makers.
Gift Team Autumn Action Plan
Gift Team Spring Action Plan