Welcome to Class 5CM. We (Mr Magee and Miss Staniford) are looking forward to welcoming your back to school and are excited about the year ahead. I hope that you have all had a restful summer break and are ready to enjoy your learning.
We have an action packed term ahead with lots of fun learning planned including a Geography unit called Wet Wet Wet. Following on from this we will be learning about the Victorians. Did children in this time period go to school like you? What were their houses like? What did they wear?
A note to parents – your child’s wellbeing is of vital importance to us and we want to ensure that as well as making progress they are happy and we are helping them to make lasting memories of their time in Class 5CM. If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me via the class email.
FAQ – From ‘Meet the teacher’ on 21st of September 2021.
- Are the children in a class bubble?
This year the children are now part of a unit bubble with classes 5/6 SB and 6TL. They share same lunch and break areas and timings.
- When is homework set and due?
- English homework (with a focus on grammar) is set on a Tuesday and is due back on a Friday the same week.
- Maths homework is set on a Friday and is due back the following Tuesday. All answers and working out should be recorded in the book and not the sheet.
- When is PE?
PE is on Monday morning at 9am. This year it is run by a specialist PE teacher from a company called Junior Jam. The children must come to school in their uniform and will get changed when they arrive. We aim to have PE outside in the yard. Children can wear jogging bottoms and a hoody.
- Will the children be attending church this term?
Yes Unit 4 will be attending mass at 1.30 on the 30th of September.
- How often should my child be reading at home?
5 times a week. Please record the date, book title and the page number that they are on as well as the signature of the person that they read to.
- When can my child change their reading book?
We are encouraging independence in school. The children have lots of opportunities to change their book each day in our school library area.
- Can my child take a quiz on their book at home?
Yes the children can take the accelerated reader test after 24hours of reading the book. The children can do this also in our guided reading session.
- Can my child access TT Rockstars?
Login details will be sent home on Friday 24th of September 2021. They are stuck into the front of their reading record. Children will be competing against other classes in Rock Slam tournaments.